Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pre-Adventure Adventure and Hopes of a New Square

This last weekend I was able to go to Jerusalem to spend it with my parents and the group from TMC. On Saturday we went to Meno Kalisher's church, which is at a different place than when I was here two years ago. Then that afternoon my dad and I walked on top of almost all of the Turkish wall that surrounds the Old City. The only portions we couldn't walk on were the Temple Mount and the wall between the western side of the Temple Mount and Zion Gate. It was quite a bit of walking.

On Sunday the group headed up to Galilee. I was thinking of going with them and their final stop would be Nazareth, but I knew that if I went I would need to be back at Yad Hashmonah that night so I could dig on Monday. I went, with the feeling I could get back on the bus, but wasn't totally sure about it.

We first went to Caesarea, where it was good to get in the Mediterranean Sea for a little bit. Caesarea was where Peter went to after his vision about all animals being clean. Caesarea was also where Paul made his appeal to go to Caesar, thus allowing the gospel to go to Caesar's palace.

We next went up to Mount Carmel where the account of Elijah and the priests of Ba'al took place also looking over the Jezreel Valley. From there we went to Tel Megiddo in the Jezreel Valley. The Jezreel Valley is usually understood as the place where the battle of Armageddon takes place. The Bible does not say that the battle will take place there. The Bible only says the armies of the world will gather there (Rev 16:16). Though the Bible does not mention the specific place where this battle will take place other scriptural evidence points to Jerusalem for being where at least the climax of the battle will take place.

From Megiddo we went to Jezreel, the place of Naboth's vineyard and where the wicked Jezebel was killed. We then went to the final place Nazareth where the group was staying and I was to get a bus.

Originally I was thinking that I was going to get a bus to Haifa and then to Jerusalem, but the group's bus driver, Joel, said it would be better to go to Tel Aviv and then Jerusalem. Joel dropped me off on the street where I would catch the bus. I walked up the street and found the place where the right bus number was and waited the 45min until the bus came. It was around 8pm. The ride to Tel Aviv was around 2hrs. From there I took a bus to Jerusalem and when I arrived in Jerusalem it was a little after 11p. I didn't know for certain but I was hoping that the buses ran until 12p, and even if it did I wasn't sure if one of the two buses I could take to Yad Hashmonah would arrive before then. One did and I arrived at Yad a little before midnight.

Yesterday and today we kept digging at in our square. These past two days we have been bouncing off bedrock, which means our square will be closing soon because you can't get any lower than bedrock. The square has been disappointing and I hope we can start a new square tomorrow or help with another square where more things are happening.

Today's Work

No comments: