Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fresh Backs Are on Order

Today my square kept digging to reveal the 'wall' that we are trying to find. So it was a lot of dirt moving, which has made quite a ramp of dirt. In the archaeology I've been experiencing I spend a good part of the day with my elbows below my knees. Hopefully we'll find something that will make this dig pay off in some sort of way. If anything, we'll know the area we're digging in is nothing of importance and we can cross that area off the map. It would be almost like doing a search and rescue in that you pick areas on the map and check in those areas by air or land and if there is nothing then you move on to another part of the map.

Tomorrow we get to have a seminary group from TMS and Dallas Theological Seminary come to help us when we initially arrive there. So we'll get fresh backs and spirits. One of the people on the dig is Dr. Merrill who is a well known professor from Dallas Theological Seminary. Although he isn't my square supervisor, thus we're in different areas during the day, we have been able to talk some walking to and from places and at some meals, and it is cool to see his wit and wisdom. So hopefully I can spend some more time being able to pick his brain. I'm going to try to get to bed by 930p here so I can get to sleep. Have a good day USA!

Today's Work

No comments: