Friday, May 20, 2011

Shabbat Shalom!

I'm here in my old spot that I sat in two years ago, out in front of the IBEX library on my computer with Kiryat Ye'arim, the place the Ark of the Covenant sat a little while after the Philistines took it. Before I got here at Yad Hashmonah I rode in a taxi, sherut, and hitch hiked. Once I got out of the car here at the moshav, I felt right at home. I came down the stairs to the IBEX rooms and saw Becky, the IBEX nurse, and met/reacquainted myself with Benj Foreman, and Heather, the IBEX secretary. They are letting me keep my belongings in the IBEX miklat (bomb shelter/student center) since my reservation doesn't start until tomorrow. As I walked around to the different places I was overwhelmed with the many great memories and people I have spent much time with here. Once I dropped my belongings off in there I did what I do to feel even more at home and worked out in The Dungeon. I haven't told him, but Zach Edwards knows which workout I did...its the one you always do to start out somewhere. Right after I finished I took my camera over to the Biblical gardens and saw the sun set behind the clouds beginning shabbat. I was also able to see Bill Schlegel a few minutes ago and he saw my parents earlier today and they said I could come to Jerusalem tonight to be with them for the weekend. So, I'm going to go there tonight, thus I will be in Jerusalem on Friday, on Shabbat! Hodu, l'Adonai ki tov!

No comments: